Sign from Katie Norieko, et al, from Campus Memorials
Sign made of foam-core in the shape of a red heart with blue wings reading: You will always be in our hearts! Photographs of each of the victims are attached to the heart. Size: 39" wide by 52" tall.
Banner from Appalachian State University
Red paper banner reading, "Appalachian State University is Here for Northern Illinois University," with various Huskies and Appalachian Mountaineers logos attached. Various messages, prayers and signatures cover the banner. Some French and Greek. Size: 36" tall by 99" long.
Artifacts for Ryanne Mace from the Northern Illinois University Honors Program
(1) Laminated poster with photograph of Ryanne in a heart reading, "In Memory of Ryanne Mace : Northern Illinois University : University Honors Program." Size: 18" wide by 24" tall.
(2) White paper posters from Virginia Tech University Honors Program. Main poster reads, "Hokies for Huskies," with various messages, prayers and signatures on both posters. Quantity: 2. Size: 22' tall by 28" wide.
(3) Card from the Student Honors Association at Western Illinois University. Front of card reads, "Deepest Sympathy," and has various messages and signatures inside. Size: 4.5" wide by 6.75" tall.
(4) Card from Clarion University of Pennsylvania Honors Program. Front of card reads, "With Sympathy," and has various signatures inside. Size: 5" tall by 7" wide.
(5) Letter from Shippensburg University Honors Student Organization in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania dated February 20, 2008. Signed by various people. Size: 8.5" wide by 11" tall.
(6) Reprinting (2 pgs.) of article from the DeKalb Daily Chronicle titled, "Honors Program Loses One of Its Own," by David Fitzgerald of the Northwest Herald. Reads, "Ryanne E. Mace remembered," and contains biographical information and remembrances of Ryanne. Size: 8.5" wide by 11" tall.
(7) Tan and white teddy bear with tag in ear and green/gold plaid bow around neck with the following items attached to it: a note from Mary, Seat of Wisdom grade school attached to a black plastic string with five beads (one red, four white) and a note reading "Hugs Across America" with picture of teddy bear with the inscription, "I am Here for You." Also has a black and red ribbon pinned to right arm. Size: 13" tall by 11" wide by 6" tall.
Banner from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Large orange felt banner with blue felt "I" at center and black, red & white paper with Huskies lgo reading, "Together : 2-14-08." Various messages, prayers and signatures cover the banner. One note specifically mentions Catalina Garcia. Some Latin as well: "Ad astra per aspera." Size: 89" long by 55" tall.
Quilt from Project Hokie Hope
Black cloth quilt with nine patches. Center patch has a heart in black, red and white, and the surrounding eight patches have various Virginia Tech logos in Maroon, orange and white. Note sewn on back of quilt from Angelina Kendra. Letter included from Angelina Kendra with message of support and explanation of the project/quilt. Size: 42" tall by 42" wide.
Posters from Hillel Hokies at Virginia Tech
White paper poster reading in black, red and white, "VT [Heart] NIU." Various messages, condolence notes, and signatures cover the banner. Some Hebrew. Posters were on display at the 2/14 Memorial Center in the Holmes Student Center. Quantity: 2. Size: 24" tall by 36" wide.
Painting from Huntley Art Club
Acrylic painting on canvas reading at center, "NIU: 02-14-08." Painting depicts a stage with drawn-back curtain revealing many hearts and five white crosses. A single heart is upside-down with a question mark painted on it. Small black, red and white sign included listing the names of the contributing artists. Back reads, "Huntley's hearts go out to NIU" with signatures. Size: 36" tall by 48" wide by 1.25" thick.
Posters from Connie, Kathleen, & Kimberly Brown, and Linda Westholder of Roscoe, Illinois
Newspaper collage on canvas with various clippings from Rockford Register Star in the weeks following the shooting at NIU. Posters were on display in the 2/14 Memorial Center in the Holmes Student Center. Also included was a note from the creators to the NIU memorial in a black frame. Quantity: 3. Size: 16" wide by 20" tall by .75" thick.
Quilt Square from Pam Smith in Sycamore, Illinois
Black quilt square with black, red and white patters interlaced. There are four small squares with Huskies logos over black ribbons, and the center small square has a Crying Huskies logo reading, "We Will Always Remember...2/14/2008." There are four red paw prints stitched at the corners and the border reads in black-on-black, "Forward Together: Never Forget." The back of the quilt square has a note explaining the quilt with the message, "Made for John Peters." Quilt square was on display in the 2/14 Memorial Center in the Holmes Student Center. Size: 16" tall by 16" wide.
Banner from Northwestern University
White cloth banner with Northwestern "N" in upper left-hand corner reading in red and black: Our Prayers Are With You.... Various messages, prayers and signatures cover the banner, several of which mention Catalina. Size: 66.25" tall by 99.5" long.